turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I received a letter from an agricultural coop stating that my share of a Section 199(a) deduction is $xxx dollars. Where do I specify this deduction on my return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I received a letter from an agricultural coop stating that my share of a Section 199(a) deduction is $xxx dollars. Where do I specify this deduction on my return?

This information will go on form 8903.  This form is not available for Deluxe.  You will need to upgrade to Premier at a minimum.  

*A reminder that posts in a forum such as this do not constitute tax advice.
Also keep in mind the date of replies, as tax law changes.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Carl
Level 15

What IRS tax form number is referenced on the letter? For example, some lenders will send a letter instead of a 1098, and in the letter it clearly states something along the lines of "this information supplied in lieu of IRS Form 1098".

I assume the coop paid you some share income in 2016, and then also issued you a letter for the deduction, also in 2016.  And you need to report the share income and the deduction on your 2016 tax return?

This information will go on form 8903.  This form is not available for Deluxe.  You will need to upgrade to Premier at a minimum.  

*A reminder that posts in a forum such as this do not constitute tax advice.
Also keep in mind the date of replies, as tax law changes.

It should be in Desktop Deluxe, though, just not online.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies