key368b

Searching: "Hi, I'm using Tubo Tax 2016 Hm & Business as I have for the past 20 yrs. How do I carry forward LARGE 2011 legal fees as deductions on my 2016 return?

Do I need to also update any part of my 2011 return in order to carry forward these large legal fees? Are there additional forms that I need to "Carry Forward for this 2016 Deduction"?

fanfare

Legal fees, to the extent they are associated with producing taxable income, are deductible in the year paid. There is no carryforward.

IreneS

Your question was cut off in the title.  Could you please provide additional details?
fanfare

fanfare

It is too late to amend 2011 for a retund. That window of opportunity has closed.