Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

The irs said my return has been sent but it’s not on my bank account. Nor does Santa Barbara Bank say they have it. Where is it if it’s been sent?

My refund has been sent but it’s not in my account nor does turbo tax have an update.  Where is the money?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
EbonyL

The irs said my return has been sent but it’s not on my bank account. Nor does Santa Barbara Bank say they have it. Where is it if it’s been sent?

SBTGP asks that you allow 1 to 2 business days after they have received your return. This is due to it being an electronic transfer. Some banks are taking a little longer to receive and post the funds so the IRS has asked that individuals give their banks up to 5 business days from the day that the funds were sent before contacting their banks. If it has been 5 business days they ask for individuals to contact their banks to see if it has been received.

You can submit an inquiry to SBTGP at the link below.

https://help.sbtpg.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Please note that once your return has been submitted and accepted by the IRS, TurboTax has no way of finding out any information regarding your tax return or refund. Once your refund has been sent by the IRS and it is not rejected and sent back to the IRS, the IRS will likely inform you to check with your bank or in your case SBTGP. 

If you are not happy with any of the above results or still have not received the answers needed, you can reach out to the IRS at 800-829-1040 for further assistance.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies