Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How can I print last years returns. It’s saying to pay for them or get them from IRS and I don’t know how.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

How can I print last years returns. It’s saying to pay for them or get them from IRS and I don’t know how.

Moved to answer section.

To unlock prior-year returns, you pay by upgrading a 2018 return to PLUS (currently 19.99).

The method for upgrading and paying depends on the situation with your 2018 return--i.e., whether you have started one, haven't started one yet, don't plan to use TurboTax to file for 2018, or have already filed 2018 (not yet applicable at this point in time since filing has not opened.).   See this FAQ:

NOTE:  Before paying for anything, be sure you are in the same account as the one you used for the prior returns. 

Or you have another option.  If a tax return transcript will suit your purposes, you can get one for free from the IRS. To get it as a download you have to start an account at the IRS website.  If you don't qualify for the download, you can order one to come by postal mail, which takes 5-10 calendar days normally, but that may be affected by the current government shutdown.
http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

@ryanmills14
I added this to the answer above.  If you were emailed the original answer, please return to see the full info.
NOTE:  Before paying for anything, be sure you are in the same account as the one you used for the prior returns.  
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies