turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kalea88

Federal was already accepted, then realized I didn't put full bank name on direct deposit. What do I do!?!?!?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DDollar
Expert Alumni

Federal was already accepted, then realized I didn't put full bank name on direct deposit. What do I do!?!?!?

Don't worry about the name.  What is used is the Bank Routing Number (ABA Number) and your account number.  As long as those two things are correct, you have nothing to worry about!

View solution in original post

8 Replies

I think if the Routing Number and Account number are right it should be ok.  If the bank rejects the deposit the IRS will mail you  check to tne address on your return.
kalea88

thank you so much!

Routing number is right account number is wrong what can I do

If the bank rejects the deposit the IRS will mail a check to the address on your return.
emmed2019

didnt put any bank info on my return
DDollar
Expert Alumni

Don't worry about the name.  What is used is the Bank Routing Number (ABA Number) and your account number.  As long as those two things are correct, you have nothing to worry about!

As long as u have correct routing number and account number u should be fine
emmed2019

I DID NOT CHECK ANYTHING WILL THEY JUST MAIL IT TO ME?
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies