Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Right after e-filing for federal, I realized the number for 1099-INT is incorrect. Can I only amend the federal and mail the state return with updated info?

I efiled my federal return and it has been accepted by IRS.  I realized the 1099-INT was from 2017 instead of 2018.  Can I only amend the federal without amending the state return?  The updated information effects the federal tax due and state tax due.

I'm wondering if it's fine to just mail in the state return with updated 1099-INT without amending since I have not mailed it in yet.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
HelenaC

Right after e-filing for federal, I realized the number for 1099-INT is incorrect. Can I only amend the federal and mail the state return with updated info?

Yes, you can amend the federal income tax return only and just correct the information on your state return since you did not send (mail or e-file) in your state income tax return.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
HelenaC

Yes, you can amend the federal income tax return only and just correct the information on your state return since you did not send (mail or e-file) in your state income tax return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies