Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member


I just submitted my return and realized I left something out.  Can I cancel and resubmit?

1 Reply
Level 15


A tax return that has been e-filed cannot be canceled or retrieved.  If the IRS rejects your tax return then you can correct the return and re-file.  If the IRS accepts your tax return, then you need to wait for the tax refund to be received or the taxes owed and paid to be processed.  Then you can file an amended tax return to make the changes to the filed tax return.


TurboTax FAQ for amending 2018 tax returns -