Minhut

Refund/payment

I have been using your service for many years and this year I’m very disappointed. Not only have I not received my refund, but now you want me to pay you when I opted to have you take it from my refund. My thought is, if I have to wait, so do you. 
I’ve tried to contact the IRS to no avail. This country is going to hell. 

Refund/payment

See this TurboTax support FAQ for payment of the account fees - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/charges-and-fees/help/why-was-my-bank-account-auto-debited-for-tur...

The IRS is seriously behind in processing 2020 tax returns.  This is due to many factors, such as the pandemic, completing processing of millions of 2019 tax returns, stimulus payments, unemployment compensation exclusion tax refunds., changes in the tax code by Congress in the middle of the 2020 tax season and the like.

Millions of taxpayers have not yet received there federal tax refunds.

Go to this IRS website for operational status - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-operations-during-covid-19-mission-critical-functions-continue

As of June 5, 2021, we had 18.2 million unprocessed individual returns in the pipeline. Unprocessed returns include tax year 2020 returns such as those requiring correction to the Recovery Rebate Credit amount or validation of 2019 income used to figure the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC). This work does not require us to correspond with taxpayers but does require special handling by an IRS employee so, in these instances, it is taking the IRS more than 21 days to issue any related refund. If, as a result, a correction is made to any RRC, EITC or ACTC claimed on the return, the IRS will send taxpayers an explanation. Taxpayers are encouraged to continue to check Where’s My Refund? for their personalized refund status and can review Tax Season Refund Frequently Asked Questions.

Kwil0711

Refund/payment

Going thru exactly the same thing it’s like if you pay do you get it faster ?

Refund/payment

@Kwil0711 Paying your TurboTax fees does not make your refund arrive faster.    Only the IRS controls when you get your refund.    TurboTax cannot speed up the IRS for you.   The problem is that when you asked to pay your fees from your federal refund you also agreed to allow TurboTax to take the fees from your account if the IRS takes too long to issue your refund.

TURBOTAX TOOK MONEY OUT OF MY BANK ACCOUNT

Did you choose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your federal refund?  Is your refund taking an unusually long time to arrive?  Or was your refund seized to pay a debt you owed? if so, you signed an agreement that says TT can withdraw its fees from your account.  TurboTax would have sent several emails to you before they took the money out of your account.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901364-why-was-my-bank-account-auto-debited-for-turbotax-fees

Turbo Tax says......

We understand that these are unprecedented times and we’re committed to helping our customers who are experiencing hardships. If you’re in need of assistance, call us by the Tuesday prior to your debit date at 1-888-808-1723 to speak with a trained specialist and mention “auto-debit”, or visit TurboTax Support.

jeff619

Refund/payment

I second this comment: "I have been using your service for many years and this year I’m very disappointed. Not only have I not received my refund, but now you want me to pay you when I opted to have you take it from my refund. My thought is, if I have to wait, so do you."

With this Intuit policy, you've lost a long time, repeat customer.

Refund/payment

Just a word of warning -

Regardless of which tax preparation software vendor you use, if you are offered the option to pay the account fees from a tax refund, they all will have caveats in the agreement where they can access your account to pay for the fees if the refund is reduced or delayed.

So do NOT use that option.  Pay for the account fees up front with a credit or debit card so this situation will Never arise. 

jeff619

Refund/payment

Planning on using an in person tax preparer if I need to pay upfront for services.

Max7954

Refund/payment

I'm having rhe very same problem. My federal and state taxes forms were both accepted. I filed on March 12, but as of today...no refund and no status on the IRS website. I also opted to have my TT fees taken out of my refund, but now I'm getting a bill. 

Refund/payment

Yes the IRS is taking a long time.  Millions are still waiting.

See What if the IRS reduces your refund or delays it.
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/payments/help/what-if-my-federal-refund-isn-t-enough-to-cover-my-t...

Then when the IRS does send your refund they won't take the fees out again.

And, Why you got charged,
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/charges-and-fees/help/why-was-my-bank-account-auto-debited-for-tur...

You should have received about 4 emails asking for the fees. If you don't pay they will debit your account. You had to agree to it. Check your spam folder for emails.

geomsmal1

Refund/payment

I agree...something is terribly wrong here!

CB603

Refund/payment

I have used TurboTax for years. This year and last I’ve had problems with my returns. This year I opted to have fees taken from my return and I haven’t gotten that yet but I received an email that my bank account is being drafted for the money. This is bull**bleep** and I WILL NOT be using this service ever again! Not impressed. 

Refund/payment

Refunds have ben delayed for 2019 and 2020 because we are in a global pandemic which has resulted in a huge backlog at the IRS.  Unfortunately, when you chose to have your fees deducted from your federal refund you agreed to let TurboTax debit your account if your refund took too long to be issued.   There is a number you can call to delay the debit.   See below:

Turbo Tax says......

-TEXAS-

Refund/payment

I agree with you 100%. If TurboTax takes money out of my bank account when I haven't received my refund and am still unemployed, then my relationship with Intuit/TurboTax will end. 

Robert1222

Refund/payment

I’m going through the same issues it’s really pathetic 

Robert1222

Refund/payment

Same here