turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

refund on hold

i filed on 2/06/19 and called the IRS today to see why I didn't get a refund. WMR says its still processing  but they told me my account is on hold and they're sending me a 4883C for verification. wouldn't I have been notified sooner about this? Ive been at the same job for 5 years and nothing has changed. not sure if they're just making it up. anyone else have this problem

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
CMH806

refund on hold

Did the "where's my refund" tool show that you were still getting it on time but then it never came and so you called to follow up? I am wondering if the same thing is happening to me 

refund on hold

it never showed me anything. The message that comes up starts with " we cannot provide any information about your refund." I never saw any bars.

refund on hold

I gave up on wondering and calling them. I’m just being patient. Quick question: Did anyone on here file with like H&R Block, Jackson hewitt or an actual business? I’m just trying to decipher if it has something to do with the ppl who filed through Turbo Tax!

refund on hold

I filed through TurboTax. I knew I had to wait for the refund because of the EIC but this is nuts! I also had to pay for the deluxe cuz of some form needed for my school tuition which I've never had to do before so I don't know if that's the problem

refund on hold

UPDATE!!!!!!! Soooo...I decided to go ahead and call. I was told that I would be receiving a letter in the mail. The representative could not give me any information on what the letter would contain. She also stated that I have to allow the IRS 45 days to process my return. She told me to note on my calendar that if I did not receive the letter and/or a refund by April 25th to give them a call back. She stated that I should "Follow the directions noted in the letter" whenever I receive the letter. She stated the letter is set to be sent out today 02/28/2019. As of now my return is still being reviewed. By the way, I pressed option 2 when i called. I was answered in under 5 mins. This is a common thing being told to almost everyone so I don't know the truth behind every ones personal situation. Good luck to everyone waiting. 

refund on hold

By the way, I just advise everyone to call them and see. I've heard of people getting DDD and refunds within 24-48 hours after they have spoken with someone. 

refund on hold

when I called, the guy was really weird like he was making stuff up as he talked. he said since he had to access my account, it caused it to be put on hold.  then I had to be placed on hold for 5 minutes while he typed up a letter for me only to come back on the line just to say that the letter was typed and say goodbye. I don't see why I still had to be on the phone since I was at work while making the call

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies