Joekool40

Received a letter from irs. And an email about amending 2020. I think I filed the wrong stimulus amount I got. I said 600. And 600. I can't remember what I got. No kids

Single.  What were both stimulus amount?

There have been 3 so far.   
#1 was 1,200 (2,400 married) plus 500 for each dependent under 17.

#2  was 600 per person 

#3 is 1,400 per person no age limit.

If you didn't get any of the first 2 or qualify for more you claim it on your 2020 tax return line 30 Recovery rebate credit.

The 3rd one comes separately and may still be going out.   You do not claim it on your 2020 tax return.

IRS INFO

2020 Recovery Rebate Credit | Internal Revenue Service

Was the email about this?

Turbo Tax sent out an email about doubling an amount carried over from your 2019 state tax return involving either the refund amount or balance due.

How do I amend my return to fix the duplicate fede...