Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I know they received the fax they needed it was fax on 14th of February and still haven't heard anything

We had to fax form for the Insurance on the 14th of Febaury  We haven't heard anything and WMR keeps saying still processing HELP

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

How do I know they received the fax they needed it was fax on 14th of February and still haven't heard anything

You will need to call the phone number listed on the correspondence received from the IRS.  They are the only ones that can verify the documents were received.  They don't tell you when they received fax documents so don't panic because they didn't confirm receipt; they don't do that.  Having to fax in 1095-As and/or 8962 is a very common thing, so if your fax went through without error, the IRS has the documents and is processing them.  Calling them is always an option, however.  

View solution in original post

13 Replies
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

You will need to call the phone number listed on the correspondence received from the IRS.  They are the only ones that can verify the documents were received.  They don't tell you when they received fax documents so don't panic because they didn't confirm receipt; they don't do that.  Having to fax in 1095-As and/or 8962 is a very common thing, so if your fax went through without error, the IRS has the documents and is processing them.  Calling them is always an option, however.  

texasnana
Returning Member

I called to verify today 12/20/20 to see if they recieved my fax i did 2.19.20

and they did tell me when they recived it..which they received it 12.20.20

forms 8962    1095a

Kalilmyoldest
Returning Member

You sent on the 19th and they received on the 20th? Or you sent on the 14th and they received on the 19th? I had to fax in my 1095 and 8962 form as well and I faxed on the 17th. Should I calles the department that handles the insurance to know for a fact it was received or I can talk to anybody?

texasnana
Returning Member

KALI..I FAXED MY FORMS ON THE 19TH  ..I CALLED YESTERDAY 20TH TO  SEE IF THEY RECIEVED IT

THE MAN THAT HELPED ME WAS VER Y KIND AND HAD ME HOLD ABOUT 10 MIN..CAME BACK AND SAID YES THEY DID  RECEIVE MY FAX AND IF IT ALL IS OK AND I DONT RECEIVE ANYTHING IN THE MAIL IN THE NEXT  2 WEEKS , THEN WATCH FOR UPDATE ON REFUND STATUS..HE SAID HE WILL TAKE ABOUT 6 WEEKS TO GET MY REFUND..HOPE THIS HELPS;;HERE IS THE NUMBER I CALLED-----[phone number removed]

GOOD LUCK

texasnana
Returning Member

THE   NUMBER IS  ON YOUR LETTER..IT WOULDNT LET ME POST # 1-866

Mirian052994
Returning Member

Same here I faxed in the 8962 form and a copy of my 1095a on 2/20/2020. Now I’m wondering if they received it or not and long should the process take ...

texasnana
Returning Member

call the number on your letter ..thats what I did an spoke with a person & they told me..good luck

DMarkM1
Employee Tax Expert

As mentioned above call the number on your letter to verify everything was received and in order.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Sjharper1105
Returning Member

Did they say when to expect your refund? 

Sjharper1105
Returning Member

I faxed mine in the same day any idea what to expect? 

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

@Sjharper1105 Per the IRS, it takes about 4-8 weeks (it may be sooner, I have seen posts from customers that it was quicker) for the IRS to process a tax return that was filed without an 8962/1095-A.  If the delay is causing you a hardship then contact the Taxpayer Advocate Services for more help.Taxpayer Advocate Service

You could contact the IRS, to ensure they received your fax:

How do I contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)?

@texasnana Could you please tell me which number to call so I can confirm with them if they’ve received my faxed documents? the regular 1040 IRS number doesn’t work - the lady said there was no way to confirm if they’ve received my documents or not... 

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

Unfortunately, only the IRS can provide information on the status of a fax that was sent to them. They do advise that faxes can take several weeks for them to be acknowledged as received. You can always use the link below to contact the IRS:

How do I contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies