turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Will people who have already filed with turbotax and recieved their refund direct deposit to a turbo card, recieve their stimulus payment on that card as well?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
JohnW222
Expert Alumni

Will people who have already filed with turbotax and recieved their refund direct deposit to a turbo card, recieve their stimulus payment on that card as well?

As of the date of this answer, TurboTax is waiting on guidance from the IRS as to whether they'll be able to deposit stimulus payments on refund cards such as the Turbo card.

Please see the TurboTax Help article How will the stimulus package impact me? for more information.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Ugh I’m so mad about this fr... but here’s what I’m 95% certain is going on from what I’ve gathered...

• When you elected to either receive a refund anticipation loan or to have your tax prep fees taken out of your refund, TurboTax and SBTPG sent the IRS your tax forms electronically to the IRS with a TEMPORARY ACCOUNT number on it so that when the IRS deposits your refund into that temp account they can skim their fees off of it and then transfer it over to your Turbo Visa. 
  • They then retroactively edit the copies of your tax forms so that you are able to download them and have them show your actual account number that is associated with your TT card. 
  • I’m guessing there’s different variations of this with different companies involved( like how people with taxslayer can see the different account number because taxslayer didn’t take that extra step afterwards and edit the forms available for download)
  • So because the lovely people at SBTPG decided they didn’t want anything to do with this cause they’re not authorized to take anymore fees out they posted that lovely little message about “blah blah blah you’re getting a check in the mail” on their website and washed their hands with it instead of coming up with some kind of fix (like reopening all the one-time use accounts and facilitating the transfer over to our real accounts like they just did a couple weeks ago, or at least giving us the OPTION to sign an electronic document for them to do so for a small fee)
  • So now on Friday when the IRS sent out the notifications for the deposits all the ones that went to SBTPG’s little filter accounts first were rejected and sent back to the IRS. That’s why you will see people posting screenshots of their pending deposits on the TT card because they either did the free prep or paid the fees with a different CC so their refunds weren’t filtered through SBTPG and therefore the IRS had their actual deposit info for their cards.
  • I think my favorite part though is the part where TT and others worked with the IRS to develop that portal for non-filers already but couldn’t do a thing for all the people they pushed this “get your money faster/use our card” bs onto... they saw this coming... they just didn’t care enough to do anything proactive about it. 
  • So now it’s wait for a paper check or hope that you can get your account info into this magical portal, that’s supposed to open up on the 17th, in time before they cut the check and it’s too late.
KrisD15
Expert Alumni

This is the latest:

"The IRS is sending stimulus payments to eligible taxpayers who filed a tax return in either 2019 or 2018 and chose direct deposit, and is depositing some stimulus payments onto prepaid debit cards for filers that chose to receive their refund through that method.

For the majority of prepaid debit card holders there is nothing more to do as the stimulus payment will be deposited to their account. If your customer no longer has access to their debit card, we encourage them to visit https://turbodebitcard.intuit.com"

The IRS is also launching a "Get My Payment" app which should be active next week. You can track the stimulus payment and change banking information if the payment has not yet been made. 

IRS Get My Payment link

Stay safe. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies