turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Will my stimulus check get deposited in my turbo tax prepaid card account ??

@Angryclient  why don't you post some facts or links instead of just spilling off some information. If it says no on the IRS site then post it.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Will my stimulus check get deposited in my turbo tax prepaid card account ??

I got a notification tonight that the 1,200 stimulus relief package will be loaded on turbo card Wednesday April 15th. Sign in to all turbotax websites seems like there is a couple. Also have notifications on turbo card app on phone for deposits. 

The million-dollar question is,d your money go through sbtpg and had fees taken out?

Nynx
Level 2

Me to why can’t we get it earlier?

I believe so.....the IRS does have info for your card. The only limits the IRS has is you cannot put more than 3 direct deposits to

one single financial institution (bank) or on one  single debit card.  The IRS says debit card has to be in your name. If you used turbo tax or emerald or any other debit card for your taxes the stimulus will go on it.  Direct Deposit only means electronically.....it's not specifically talking a personal bank account.....Smiles

EVSB7l8XYAMJhuj.jfif

Saw someone post this on twitter, so i think we will get a notification through the app. I hope so because i can really use the money. In all honesty i have no idea what to believe I'm seeing 15 different answers everywhere i look, but this screenshot made me a little hopeful that it will be DD.

I filed for free, single no dependants. That's all I know. I haven't heard anything about paying fees I just wanted to relay the notification I got.

Nynx
Level 2

Why do I have to wait until the 15th if they received it

and its sad that thats the question... because the DIRECT DEPOSIT information is still the same. If you went through SB or not... its still the same DD information on your 1040. Everyone getting it on their card right now... that didnt pay a fee... has the same info on their 1040 as someone who did pay the fee... theres just no logic there SB is trash. 

Nynx
Level 2

I did not pay a fee for my taxes. Turbo card has received my deposit can’t access funds until 4/15/20. Maybe if u filed and had a fee you can access this money quicker. 

Thank you. I did not receive a text. I know I get text alerts when I make purchases not sure if I signed up for deposits alerts..

I got same exact notification an hour ago. Filed for free, Single, no dependants and received refund in February. 

That's so crazy Turbo Tax is saying something totally different they said that IRS will not deposit funds on my Turbo Card which I got in Feb when I filed which is ridiculous, I just need to know for sure because they are saying I had to update my acct info on feb 17th on IRS website  

Thank you. I only used the card for my tax refund and to cash out for cash app. 

people are asking about fees because... when you file your taxes.. you can do it for free... or it can cost a fee that will be deducted from your return... the issue is people are saying if you paid for your taxes with the fee that deducted from your return... then you will get a paper check... i dont get the logic there because paying that fee didnt change my DD info... on my 1040... but that turbotax and Santa Barbara they are trash. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies