turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Will I get my stimulus direct deposit if I had my fees deducted from my fedral refund? I get the fees deducted then a direct deposit

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

12 Replies
KatrinaB48
Expert Alumni

Will I get my stimulus direct deposit if I had my fees deducted from my fedral refund? I get the fees deducted then a direct deposit

Yes, the IRS will use your direct deposit information. It does not matter how you paid your filing fees only that your direct deposit information is listed. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Sorry if this is repetitive, but to clarify: I e-filed using TurboTax, had my fees deducted from the refund, and received direct deposit for the remainder. Even though the direct deposit says “Tax Products PE1 SBTPG LLC”, not “IRS” or “US Treasury”, I’ll still get direct deposit for the CARES Relief Funds?

https://www.sbtpg.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-info/

https://blog.turbotax.intuit.com/

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Irene2805
Expert Alumni

According to the Santa Barbara TPG CARES Act Update website:

An IRS-issued check will be mailed to taxpayers that received a check printed from their tax professional's office or a debit card issued through Santa Barbara TPG.

The IRS and Treasury Department are developing a website for taxpayers who are expecting a check, where they can provide their bank account information in order to receive their Economic Impact Payment by direct deposit. According to this message on the IRS website the IRS will notify taxpayers when more details are available. We will update this page when more information is available.

Well, that’s terrible news, but I appreciate the answer anyway.

So we WILL get a direct deposit of the stimulus check even if we had fees taken from our federal refund?  I used TurboTax and fees were removed from my refund through Santa Barbra TPG

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

Yes, if your tax return has your personal bank information that was used to either receive a direct deposit of your refund or was used to pay your tax due then the IRS has your bank information to use for your direct deposit of your stimulus check.

I see both yes and no in this thread.  If I filed my 2019 taxes with TurboTax and had fees taken through Santa Barbra TPG do I need to wait for a paper check?  My refund after filing fees were taken was direct deposited into my savings account

Thank you @LeonardS   The website I got my refund is telling everyone that if you used TurboTax and had fees taken from refund you have to wait for a paper check.  Just wanted to make sure I didn’t have to update my deposit information with the irs

JohnB5677
Employee Tax Expert

You do not have to do anything if the information an your tax return represents where you want the stimulus check to go.  That is what the IRS will use.  The intermediate bank and the TurboTax fees are handled internally.

I’m also seeing “yes” and “no” answers. But, if I understand this (link) correctly, the answer is “yes” so long as you got the money as a direct deposit: 

I paid for tax preparation using Santa Barbara TPG this tax season. How will I receive my Economic Impact Payment?

The IRS will be distributing Economic Impact Payments directly to taxpayers and TPG will not play a role in facilitating these payments. Unfortunately, TPG does not have any visibility into this information, therefore our agents can not answer any questions regarding these payments.

The IRS will issue direct deposits to taxpayers that received a direct deposit. An IRS-issued check will be mailed to taxpayers that received a check printed from their tax professional's office or a debit card issued through Santa Barbara TPG.“ 

I read that too!  Sounds like we’ll be in the first wave of deposits (fingers crossed).  Good luck to you.  I know we all could use it right now 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies