turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

wthoms01

Why is my return smaller than expected? With the Turbotax stated Federal return to be about $444.00 minus the two fees should have a return of $388.00 but only recieved $227.00

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

Why is my return smaller than expected? With the Turbotax stated Federal return to be about $444.00 minus the two fees should have a return of $388.00 but only recieved $227.00

This may be to due to a refund offset or if the IRS made a correction to your tax return resulting in a lower refund.

You should soon receive a letter from the government explaining why you didn't get the entire refund.

If you don’t get a notice, you’ll need to call:

• Bureau of Fiscal Services at 800-304-3107
  • TDD at 866-297-0517

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/tax-refund-offsets-pay-unpaid-debts

You can also contact the IRS for further assistance regarding this matter. Their phone number is 800-829-1040.

https://www.irs.gov/help/telephone-assistance

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

How much are your fees?  56 seems too low.  444-388=56.    What version did you use?   Did you do a state return?  State is an additional $40.  Then to have the fees deducted from your refund there is an Extra 39.99 Refund Processing Service charge (44.99 in California). 

wthoms01

Thanks, found out Saturday from the mail.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies