turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why haven’t I gotten my tax return yet ? It has been 9 weeks since I filed for my 2019 taxes

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Why haven’t I gotten my tax return yet ? It has been 9 weeks since I filed for my 2019 taxes

You can track your return by checking the Where's My Refund website located here

If you elected to have your fees deducted from your refund, the IRS will send your return to Santa Barbara Bank, where they will deduct the fees and then deposit any remaining refund into your account. 

You can track your refund at the Santa Barbara website by clicking here

If you would like to contact the IRS to ask for an update, please follow the instructions here

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Please see your recent thread at the link below.   You need to be sure you successfully filed.  Based on what you said over there, it's not clear.  Please provide the additional info requested there.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/after-you-file/discussion/re-how-long-does-it-take-to-recieve-my-r...

Per my certified mail tracking, my paper return was received 4/21.

I had a professional work on my taxes and I've never had any issues in the past.

It has now been 9 weeks and I can't even get so much as a status updated from the "where is my refund" tool.

It just says they can't provide me with any information.

I realize that Covid-19 may be impacting staffing. But I would think that there should at least be a status available after 9 weeks -- right?

@CarissaM  What can/should I do? It seems like all the IRS phone numbers I've tried are just a phone call version of the "where is my refund" tool and also yielded no results.

MinhT1
Expert Alumni

@WorriedLady

Once your return has been accepted by the IRS, the refund process is completely under the control of the IRS. The IRS says that most refunds would be issued within 21 days. But some returns need more processing and refunds will take longer, especially during these Covid-19 times when some IRS agents still work remotely.

Please read this IRS FAQ for more information.

This IRS document outlines IRS operations during Covid-19 times.

Please be patient, the situation will get better soon as some IRS agents are returning to their desks. You can check the status of your refund at this IRS web portal.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies