turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

katzjon3

Why doesn't Form 2210 show up in my document stake when I print/view return including worksheets/schedules?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies
TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Why doesn't Form 2210 show up in my document stake when I print/view return including worksheets/schedules?

You can revisit this section:

1. Sign in to TurboTax and open or continue your return.
  2. Search for underpayment of taxes.
  3. Select the Jump to link in the search results.
  4. The Underpayment Penalties screen will display the penalty amount. Select Continue to review this section and download.

If you continue to have problems, please click on the Contact Us form https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/. We’ll help you connect with the right expert for your specific problem.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
katzjon3

Looking for the actual filled out form/worksheet, not that amount.  Does not show up in print stack.

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

If you find you still need help, please contact customer support by following the instructions below. 

Contact Customer Support 

klmatey

Did anyone get an answer on why form 2210 doesn't show up in the stack and does not print even though a penalty is shown on line 24?

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

If you are still having issues, you can contact us for assistance using the link below.  

How do I contact TurboTax for help

I have the same question.  I paid a penalty, but the form 2210 doesn't show up in the print stack of the 2019 filed return.  I found the form 2210 by searching for it individually, and it's filled out correctly and the penalty shown on it matches the amount I paid, but the form does not show in print stack.  I'm trying to determine if the IRS received the form 2210 in my efile.

Unless you are using the 2210 or 2210AI  to reduce the penalty the program computed it will not be part of the return... the penalty will only show on the form 1040 line 24.

To help others and as a follow-up to my post.  I did claim the penalty reduction using form 2210, and the penalty amount did show up on line 24 of the form 1040, however the form 2210 is not included in my efiled return.   When I called the IRS, the agent (who was very competent) told me that she's never seen a form 2210 show up in an efiled return, although she could see the penalty shown in line 24 of the form 1040.    Not sure why the 2210 doesn't transmit to the IRS with an efile, but I wish Ttax advisors would correct it.

Again unless you are using the 2210AI or the 2210 long form it is not required and is not included in the efiled return.  The IRS will recalculate  the penalty based off when they get your payment and the info they have on file so what the program estimates is totally irrelevant. 

tax55
Returning Member

I was able to make the form to show up in my file review by inserting a date of payment in underpayment calculations. However, I can neither print it , nor save it,  It still does not show up in my print or save command!!  I have called TurboTax more than half-a-dozen times. After going through the protocol of call back, the agent puts me on hold while supposedly looking for a solution without even first understanding the issue, and after half-an-hour, I get disconnected!!  As far as I am concerned, this is a bug in TurboTax and calling TurboTax help is useless!!  It needs some level of expertise and resolution at TurboTax!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies