turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why didn’t I get approved for refund advance

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

45 Replies
EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

First Century Bank NA will send you an email explaining why you weren’t eligible for the Refund Advance.

If you didn't pre-qualify for Refund Advance, it may be because:

• Your federal refund was not $500 or more.
  • You did not agree to all the Refund Advance terms and conditions.
  • You owed the U.S. Government or your State.
  • You had debt enforced by a State such as, but not limited to, child support obligations, past student loans, tax liens, and any other payments owed to a Federal or State agency.
  • You did not pass the lender’s final evaluation. Subject to review of third-party information.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-the-refund-advance-application-process/00/25557

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Taylor00730
Returning Member

Did you ever get your email from them saying why you didnt because i get pre quality and they didnt say anything about if i will get it or not

DonnaLO
Expert Alumni

If you qualify for Refund Advance and are approved for the Turbo Visa Debit Card, you’ll be notified by email of the approved amount and you’ll be able to start spending online, typically within 48 hours of the IRS accepting your return. https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-the-refund-advance-application-process/00/25557

I was pre approved for the refund advanced but got an email saying i wasnt approved. I'm not understanding this. It gave me an amount I was pre approved for and everything. I did the application when i did my taxes. 

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

First Century Bank NA will send you an email explaining why you weren’t eligible for the Refund Advance.

If you didn't qualify for Refund Advance, it may be because:

• You had debt enforced by a State such as, but not limited to, child support obligations, past student loans, tax liens, and any other payments owed to a Federal or State agency.
  • You did not pass the lender’s final evaluation. Subject to review of third-party information.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-the-refund-advance-application-process/00/25557

Jmeibers

I got pre approved but never got a email saying why I never got my money 

MoniqueLO
Intuit Alumni

You should receive an email from First Century Bank NA explaining why you were not eligible for the Refund Advance. 

Some of the reasons you may not have qualified are provided below. 

Please see below for more information.

Kobedj33

Same thing I'm wondering 

@MoniqueLO We keep getting the same answer but no resolution. I see the same repeat response that it may be because.... etc etc but no answer as to why we are getting approved then an email saying we weren’t approved or just no money appearing. I received a general email saying we weren’t approved nothing specific to us. When I filed it said we were approved what’s going on? Who can I call? I’m getting the run around. We pay almost 300 a year to file with Intuit and this is frankly quite disappointing. Anyone have any help?

Same here no nothing this def isn't helpful no explanation at all 😤🔥

Did you ever get any reasoning

Just wondering if they have already stopped refund advance because I was pre-approved but received something from Green Dot saying I didn't get the loan I thought first century was supposed to pass that info on😤

Same thing here... It's a scam and I should have did my research. I could have went to h&r block and other places to get a cash advance while talking to a human. 

There is no number we can call and this forum is monitored by bots that just repeat the same canned response. I was approved but never got my money or any other emails with regards to the cash advance after I submitted my taxes and gave up my option to get an advance via another company... I will NEVER use any services this company provides and I will make it my business spread the word to as many people I possibly can...

Pretty sure this is a SCAM to get us to open new account with this bank for the debit card 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies