Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why did the IRS ask for direct deposit information to get my stimulus check if I did direct deposit through Turbotax in 2018? Wasn't this was automatic? Now it's delayed.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
AnnetteB6
Employee Tax Expert

Why did the IRS ask for direct deposit information to get my stimulus check if I did direct deposit through Turbotax in 2018? Wasn't this was automatic? Now it's delayed.

The IRS will not ask you for any direct deposit banking information. 

If they do not have it on file, then you will be mailed a check.  If you received a request asking for your direct deposit information, it was likely a scam and you should contact your bank right away to protect your account.  

See the following information from the IRS web site for confirmation of the statement above:

Taxpayers should be aware of Coronavirus-related scams

@crmccaulley

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you for your reply,  but I used the link from my business accountant at www.irs.gov and used the "get my payment" app to check on my status.  There is where I was notified that they,  the irs didn't have my direct deposit info and I was directed to enter it in,  this was a while ago. 

Turbo Tax states that if you did direct deposit when filing with them, which I've always done,  that the irs would automatically have it.  Well they didn't. I'm lucky I checked,  because based on what the IRS stated and turbo tax stated I shouldn't have needed to check at all. 

So my question is,  why didn't the irs have my direct deposit info like they should have if I did direct deposit in 2018 through turbo tax? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies