turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why did I receive an email saying thank you for choosing turbo tax and I haven’t receiving my funds yet?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

25 Replies
ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

Why did I receive an email saying thank you for choosing turbo tax and I haven’t receiving my funds yet?

The IRS issues most refunds in about 21 days, although some returns take more time to review. If it has been more than 21 days since your return was accepted, you can call the IRS directly to check on your refund status.

How do I contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS ...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I got the same email. I can not find an answer online. I understand I can call the IRS, that does not answer why I received the email. I’m hoping it is because it has been released and just not updated on the sites 

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

The "Thank you" email from TurboTax, is sent whether you pay right now or when you are paying from your refund. It is just an automatic courtesy message. 

You can check your e-file status. If it's been accepted, you can begin to track your refund at the IRS Where's My Refund? site.  You'll need your Social Security number or ITIN, filing status, and the exact amount of your refund to check your status.

I haven’t done anything with them since January and got the email today I hope it’s cause my refund has been released

I got the same email. Hoping the funds hit soon. 

I got a letter today saying congrats. But I did my taxes 21 days ago and still have not received my return. I’m hoping I get it soon. I see all the other People saying the same thing but I’ve never had to go through this before I hope it doesn’t take long.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Most refunds are received within 21 days from the time a return has been accepted (received). For the most up-to-date information regarding the status of your tax return and a specific date of when to expect your refund, please visit the IRS Where's My Refund? site. Please see the TurboTax FAQ When will I get my IRS refund? for more information.

If after 21 days from acceptance of your return, you do not have your tax refund you will need to contact the IRS.  Please see the TurboTax FAQ: What if my IRS refund is taking longer than 21 days?

@Schneider22

Trust me I have been visiting the where is my refund website every day and it still says being processed I’ve never had this issue this is the first time. And I’m not sure because I have my son on their but it has been 21 days this is taking too long now.

I feel like it’s going past the 21 days for everyone. This is ridiculous. People need their money. 

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

Please check the IRS website here." It is noted there that Updates to Where’s My Refund? Status Delayed for Some." Some have reported that the IRS link did not update and they did receive their refund. Another reason could be if you claimed EITC, this can sometimes delay your refund, 

Please see the links below for more information:

Yes I totally agree everyone does need their money. It’s not like me and my family is hurting. But this nice little lump sum will help me pay off my book like I have really been looking forward to getting my book paid off and now this is prolonging it it’s getting out of hand we all need our money.

NickGlow

I filed 20 days ago and every time I check the useless app it says "Still being processed". I received this email from TurboTax yesterday and I am really hoping its an indicator that my return is going to be here soon. I am extremely frustrated at this point because many of my co-workers and friends received theirs in around 10 days. I would like to know why the  IRS app is not working and the meaning of this email?

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

The IRS issues refunds, not TurboTax. This means that we can't say for sure why you haven’t received your refund if it's been longer than 21 days since you e-filed. You'll have to speak directly to IRS to find out more about the delay.

You should consider contacting the IRS if it’s been:

• 21 days or more since you e-filed
  • 6 weeks or more since you mailed your return (under typical circumstances, however, see the link above regarding delays).
  • Or if the IRS’s Where's My Refund page tells you to contact them

Then the IRS asks that you call them at these numbers:

• For individuals: 800-829-1040
  • For businesses: 800-829-4933
  • For those with hearing impairments: TTY/TDD 800-829-4059

To have an efficient call, here's what you need to prepare.

What if my IRS refund is taking longer than 21 days?

NickGlow

Okay, thank you very much. I appreciate your timely response, but what does the email mean? It is congratulating me but my return was accepted weeks ago. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies