turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ediewald

Why can't I see my documents before I file?

I want to look at this year vs last year and I can't see my 1040. I would like to see it BEFORE I file to make sure I didn't miss anything. Turbotax already has my money . . . where is my document?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

@ ediewald wrote:
I want to look at this year vs last year and I can't see my 1040. I would like to see it BEFORE I file to make sure I didn't miss anything. Turbotax already has my money . . . where is my document?

If you already paid upfront with credit/debit card, you can view/print your return prior to filing this way:

• After the return is open, click in the left menu column on TAX TOOLS, then PRINT CENTER.
  • Then choose "Print, save, view this year's return."
  • The next screen should offer some options:  "Just my tax returns", or "include government worksheets (optional)", or "include government and TurboTax worksheets (optional.)"
  • See if one of those PDFs has what you need.  The latter has the most pages.

NOTE:  When you log in, if your return is closed because TurboTax thinks you were finished, click on "Add a State" to open the return back up then follow the steps above.  That doesn't really add one.  It's just the back door in.

ADDENDUM:

The above steps assume you had paid upfront by credit/debit card.   You said "TurboTax already has my money."

So hopefully that means you paid by credit/debit card.    If, however, you chose to pay the TurboTax fees out of your Federal refund, then you won't be able to download/view/print the actual return PDF prior to filing unless you switch to paying upfront with credit/debit card.   Once you have actually paid, you will have printing privileges as mentioned above.    If you already did pay by credit/debit card, then you should be good to go with the steps above.

But even if you chose that "pay out of refund" method, you can still preview the Form 1040 and Schedules 1-3, just not the rest of your return forms.  A preview is done in a different way and does not require an upfront payment.

Open the return. 

Once open, in the left menu column click on TAX TOOLS, then TOOLS.

In the Tools window choose "View Tax Summary."

At the Tax Summary screen go back to the left menu column and choose Preview My1040.

Need some help can someone call me [number removed]

@ Suttonfamily wrote:

Need some help can someone call me [removed]

You've posted your personal info in a public Internet forum.  TurboTax Support will not phone you from this user community forum, but no telling who could try to do so and could even pretend to be from TurboTax to scam/spam you.   You should not post any personal info in this public forum.   You can remove the phone number by clicking the tiny blue 3-dot icon just to the right of your comment and selecting Edit.  It's also possible a Moderator may remove it in the meantime.

You can ask your question in this forum, and you may get help here.  Otherwise, if you are using a paid edition, you have phone support.   If you are using Free Edition, we can tell you how to use Twitter or Facebook to reach a TurboTax Support agent.

Support hours are 5AM-5PM Pacific (8AM-8PM Eastern) Monday-Saturday

FAQ: What is the TurboTax phone number?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

You can use this contact form to get a phone number, or it may schedule a callback.
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies