turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why after I paid for the tax advance I get told I can't get it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

It doesn't cost anything to get the Advance.  Did you have to upgrade to a higher version for something else?  It shows you are in the Free Edition.

I was told we were approved for a 1500 advance on our taxes an should have received it Saturday January 24,2020 an haven't, an seems like no one can give me an answer as to why an why we still haven't gotten it. 

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

The email you received should have included the reason why you were not approved. Your approval is based on the size of your federal refund and your tax information, along with other factors. You may not receive the Refund Advance if one of these factors doesn’t meet the qualifying standards of the lender.

The IRS did not start accepting returns until January 27th, 2020. You will receive your Refund Advance virtual card info within 1 hour of the IRS accepting your e-filed return, by email. The funds will be loaded on to the card within 48 hours. Any balance of your tax refund remaining will be sent to you after the IRS has accepted and processed your tax return, usually within 21 days. You’ll be able to start spending online with your card information after setting up your Turbo Card account.

Also, a physical Turbo Card will be mailed to you within 5 to 10 business days. The remainder of your refund (minus the Refund Advance amount and any TurboTax fees) will be loaded onto the card when the IRS or state tax authorities distribute your refund (typically within 21 days from IRS acceptance).

Please click the TurboTax Help link, listed below, to learn more.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-the-refund-advance-application-process/00/25557

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies