turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where is my check? It says it was deposted onto my account but its not!! Its the covid-19 check?

Missing money
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Where is my check? It says it was deposted onto my account but its not!! Its the covid-19 check?

Does it show the last few digits of the account it was sent to? If so, do those digits correspond to your account?

If the digits show a wrong account or if no account is shown and the deposit is sent to the wrong account, the bank will decline the deposit and the IRS will issue a paper check and mail it to you at the address on file with them. 

No the numbers matches! Do whats going on with my money??

Unfortunately no one here or at TurboTax can help you with this. Take a look at the stimulus payment Q&As to see what the IRS says about this situation:  Get My Payment Frequently Asked Questions | Internal Revenue Service

Economic Impact Payment Information Center | Internal Revenue Service

Somebody can help me with this answer!! I've seen alot of comments About this same situation!!!

@DavidDeese63 wrote:

Somebody can help me with this answer!! I've seen alot of comments About this same situation!!!

If you requested direct deposit of your federal tax refund, the stimulus payment would be deposited into the same account.  Contact the financial institution that holds the account.

If for some reason the stimulus payment was not accepted by the financial institution, the IRS will then mail the stimulus payment as a check to the address on your most recent federal tax return.

TurboTax has no information whatsoever concerning a stimulus payment.  The IRS does not communicate with TurboTax or any other tax preparation software provider concerning stimulus payments.

Use this IRS website for stimulus payment status - https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

Use this IRS website for get my payment FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment-frequently-asked-questions

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies