turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Where do I enter my direct deposit info?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
DonnaLO
Expert Alumni

Are you receiving a refund from your Income Tax Return?   If you are receiving a refund, once you select direct deposit as the way you would like to receive the system will automatically ask you for the information.

If this is about the Coronavirus Stimulus check, see the following information:

The IRS does not have my direct deposit information. What can I do?

In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.

The following information is from the IRS concerning Coronavirus and the economic stimulus payments.  This information is updated on regular basis so please bookmark these pages so you can check back for updates.

Coronavirus Tax Relief

Economic impact payments: What you need to know

https://turbotax.intuit.com/coronavirus/

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

For some reason, Turbo Tax doesn't have my direct deposit info. and we've been receiving the last couple of stimulus checks snail mail. We both receive SS but I still file my tax return even though I don't receive a refund. I spoke with a CS rep(today) who sent me a link to update but that was for the present economic payment in which would not take my info. Please, please, please, help us figure this out. You would think since we are both disabled(with 3 dependents) they would automatically send it to the info. on file for SS.😒

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

This information is shown on the IRS website regarding updating account information for the stimulus payments:

My bank account information has changed or was incorrect. Can I update it using the Get My Payment t...

"Your payment information can’t be changed. If you don’t get a payment and you’re eligible to receive one, you can claim the Recovery Rebate Credit on your 2020 tax return.

Some recipients may have had their payment directed to the temporary bank account established when their 2019 tax return was filed. The IRS and tax industry partners are taking steps to redirect stimulus payments to the correct account for those affected. The IRS anticipates many additional taxpayers will receive payments following this effort."

For additional information, please visit the IRS Get My Payment Frequently Asked Questions

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies