turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where are my updated tax forms? they were there now they are gone. I had a much bigger refund coming do to unemployment credit.

I filed in Feb 2021.The revision was done 4/18/2021.  Now just my original 1040 is there. why?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Where are my updated tax forms? they were there now they are gone. I had a much bigger refund coming do to unemployment credit.

@ so-sweet-59 wrote:
I filed in Feb 2021.The revision was done 4/18/2021.  Now just my original 1040 is there. why?

This is a user community forum, not a direct route to TurboTax Support, but folks here may be able to explain things or make a suggestion when it's clear what all is going on.

Are you referring to a PDF you recently obtained at the Tax Home in the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents?"

I don't know what you mean by the term "the revision."  Did you formally amend your return to see what your new refund would be from the change in the tax law in regard to the unemployment income exclusion?  NOTE:  It is not an unemployment "credit."  It is an exclusion of unemployment income "up to" $10,200; i.e., for some people it will lower their taxable income and thus increase a refund or lower taxes owed, which can result in additional refund for folks who already filed prior to the new law.

If any case, here's a method to get a larger PDF that may be more up to date.  When you open up the return, do not make any changes in it.

• Log in and at the Tax Home or in the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents" for 2020, look for a link "Add a State."
  • Click on "Add a State."  (you don't really add one.  That's just to open your return back up.)
  • After the return is open, click in the left menu column on TAX TOOLS, then PRINT CENTER.
  • Then choose "Print, save, view this year's return."
  • The next screen should offer some options:  "Just my tax returns", or "include government worksheets (optional)", or "include government and TurboTax worksheets (optional.)"
  • See if one of those PDFs has what you need.  The latter has the most pages.

NOTE:  Remember all PDF tax documents and tax data files are very sensitive files, since they contain your personal ID info, financial data, and possibly bank account numbers, etc.  Be sure to store them safely and securely to guard against computer theft, hacking, etc.

TT updated the return automatically for everyone by mistake and have undone their error  because by doing so it messes up the AGI for next year's return among other issues.   This did not change what the IRS is going to do with your return when the finally process it  for the unemployment exclusion or  PTC repayment reversal. 

You can save a PDF of the original return if you have not yet done so and then  use the amendment tool to make the changes yourself and then save the return again as a PDF.  Do not file the 1040X, this would be for your records only.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies