Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lololo59

Where are my updated tax forms and you guys showed me updated forms I don't see em I paid in unemploy taxes and I've got my taxes back already but not the state

Estate still owes me money for my unemployment taxes I paid where is
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Where are my updated tax forms and you guys showed me updated forms I don't see em I paid in unemploy taxes and I've got my taxes back already but not the state

Every state handles the unemployment exclusion differently. Your state might not send you the refund automatically. See the following FAQ for information about your particular state.

Do I need to amend my state return to update my unemployment?

lololo59

Well my state does send it out I live in Nebraska so where is my state refund from the unemployment taxes I got my federal ready I'm waiting on my state you guys are no helpful at all you're not trying to search for nothing all you do is update too late get with the program I really need to know where my state is

@lololo59 wrote:

Well my state does send it out I live in Nebraska so where is my state refund from the unemployment taxes I got my federal ready I'm waiting on my state you guys are no helpful at all you're not trying to search for nothing all you do is update too late get with the program I really need to know where my state is

Go to this Nebraska website for information on the unemployment compensation exclusion - https://revenue.nebraska.gov/individuals/american-rescue-plan-act-arpa-unemployment-exclusion-adjust...

When the program correction for the unemployment came online  and you opened the return earlier it automatically updated your return for the change which was incorrect  so TT put all the returns back to the original filing so that the AGI that transfers to the 2021 program would be correct as it needs to be from the original return or it would reject.  

Now if you need to amend the state you first must amend the federal return. So do you need to amend it ? 

See this TurboTax support FAQ for amending a state tax return - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/amending/help/i-need-to-amend-my-state-return/01/26510

See this TurboTax support FAQ to see if you need to amend the state return for the unemployment compensation exclusion - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/state-taxes/help/do-i-need-to-amend-my-state-return/01/2134732

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies