Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ktjms16

When I filed taxes, I accidentally marked that I would be claimed but I was not claimed and this prevented me from getting a stimulus check. I’ve already mailed in my amend to have it corrected.

Will I be able to check my check still after I have it corrected?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
AnnetteB6
Employee Tax Expert

When I filed taxes, I accidentally marked that I would be claimed but I was not claimed and this prevented me from getting a stimulus check. I’ve already mailed in my amend to have it corrected.

If you are asking whether you can check the status of your stimulus payment after sending in the amended return, then the answer is yes.  However, do not expect any information for a very long time.

Under normal circumstances, amended returns take up to 16 weeks to be processed by the IRS.  As of right now, mailed returns (including amended returns) are not being processed at all due to the Covid-19 situation.  

You can use the following link to check the status of your amended return:  Where's My Amended Return?

@ktjms16

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Don't expect the stimulus check this year so you won't be disappointed ... instead you will be able to get it on the 2020 return you file next year. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies