Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When I entered my Stimulus amount my State Tax Refund decreased. Everything I can find says that the stimulus is not taxable and should not effect my returns, so why?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

When I entered my Stimulus amount my State Tax Refund decreased. Everything I can find says that the stimulus is not taxable and should not effect my returns, so why?

By over $100, what is going on?

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

Without seeing your federal and state returns it's hard to figure out why your state refund decreased.  Please review the following threads in Community for possible explanations.

If these do not help, please reply in this thread with some more details, especially which state return you are preparing.

It decreased my refund and i want to know why 

The state of Oregon is collecting tax on stimulus checks when residents file their state income tax returns. To figure out how much is owed, filers should multiply their stimulus payment by Oregon's state tax rate of 8.75%. For example, a single person in Oregon likely received $1,800 in stimulus payments.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies