Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What should I do if I filled out mytaxes on turbotax but I cant efile it says to print and mail it. The only thing is I have no where to print out my taxes. Should I file as a non tax filer on the irs

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
hpitlick

What should I do if I filled out mytaxes on turbotax but I cant efile it says to print and mail it. The only thing is I have no where to print out my taxes. Should I file as a non tax filer on the irs

I tried to e-file on my Mac but I received a message that I needed to go to the TurboTax menu and select "Check for Updates."  How do I get from the middle of my Return to the TurboTax menu?

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

TurboTax for Mac automatically adds the current tax form updates whenever you select Check for Updates from the TurboTax menu. This creates the illusion that updates are available even if you're on the latest release.

If you want to make sure you're up-to-date, quit and reopen TurboTax. If you're not on the latest release, the program will automatically download it.

If that doesn't work, you can force a download of the most recent update.   Here is how:

@hpitlick

1. Open TurboTax and select the TurboTax menu.  -  On a MAC, it's not called Menu.  It will be under the TurboTax tab at the top of your MAC screen (its actually outside of the TurboTax program itself).   Do you see the tab titled TurboTax?  
  2. On your keyboard, hold down the Option key.
  3. This will change the Check for Updates menu option to Download Latest Updates...
  4. Selecting this option will force the most recent update for TurboTax to download and install.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

Troubleshoot TurboTax for Mac updating issues     @hpitlick

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies