Re: What does the Irs mean by they are processing ...

What does the Irs mean by they are processing my return

It simply means that your e-filed return is being processed and that the government hasn't approved or rejected it yet.  Sometimes return status does not update for several days or even longer.

During this time, the government reviews your refund (processing).
During the review process, they look for math errors on your return (extremely rare in TurboTax) and they also check if you owe back taxes, unpaid child support, or other debts.

If they need to make any corrections, they may offset (reduce) your refund. In some cases, the correction might even increase your refund.

Once that part's done, the government approves your refund, which means it's ready to be deposited or sent.

It can take up to 21 calendar days after acceptance for the IRS to issue your refund, although most refunds go more quickly than that, while a small handful may take a bit longer.

Last 2 years no  gov shut down  so could  not working with full staff be rhe reason and the Path Act making it worse  because they cant start eic returns till feb 15

I filed my 2017  tax via of your software. I am so distraught. I have been on my computer for weeks trying  to correct AGI for 2016 in which I did. and thought that it was efile by you, but just in case it was not I called IRS and I was able to fax the return last week and now learn that it is being processed.  I waited on the phone for one hour today only to speak to the rudest person ever, stayed on the phone with her for 30 minutes and all She could tell me was that my return was submitted several times and all have been rejected.  I am in the last phase of refinancing my home at a very low rate, however 2017 taxes need to be posted.  I just dont know what to do. Can you help either send me a msg. at [phone number removed], email, or call, I need help!!

@Steward_a   E-filing is permanently closed for a 2017 return.  The only way to file it is to print it, sign it and mail it.  The AGI you were trying to use for e-filing does not matter when you mail the return.

When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s.  Use a mailing service that will track it, such as UPS or certified mail so you will know the IRS/state received the return.

Thanks...very helpful.

It means that your return is being processed and that they have not approved it yet. The IRS issues most refunds in about 21 days, although some returns take more time to review. For more information please click the link below.

When will I get my IRS tax refund? - Community

I finished it earlier than ever this year (January 29th) and it's taking longer. They had the "processing" graph on the Where's my refund page, and now it just says "

Your tax return is still being processed.

A refund date will be provided when available."

For the longest time! 

While most refunds are issued within 21 days, sometimes there can be delays. 

Please see the following information about contacting the IRS if it has been more than 21 days:

how long did it take for you to get your refund after seeing this? 

Even though I filed early been accepted why is it still taking a month. It still says processing 

My federal taxes where accepted February 13th. Why is it taking so long to get approved

TurboTax does not receive updates from the IRS once they have accepted your return. The IRS issues most refunds in about 21 days, although some returns take more time to review. To find out where your refund is, first check your e-file status. If it's been processed and accepted, you can begin to track your refund at the IRS Where's My Refund? site.  You'll need your Social Security number or ITIN, filing status, and the exact amount of your refund to check your status. The IRS will issue your refund when your return is approved.

If it has been more than 21 days since your return was accepted,  You will need to contact the IRS  at 1-800-829-1040 and follow the prompts for a live representative. The person that you speak with will have direct access to your tax return and be able to provide you with a status update. 

When you call, make sure you have the following information:

• tax year
  • social security number
  • filing status
  • exact refund amount

Please click When will I get my IRS tax refund? to learn more.

I can’t fix it on the irs identityverify website it’s telling me that my banking info is wrong it’s asking for the last eight digits of my card number I put it in and it’s denying it how can I fix it so that I can get my return and my stimulus check