turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What day did you file and have you received your refund? did you file with EIC, CTC, or ACTC

Oh god you’re so annoying. Congrats! Why do you care so much about what other people think? Lol **bleep** you’re the first 0 I’ve seen on here. Cut it

What day did you file and have you received your refund? did you file with EIC, CTC, or ACTC

“Cut it”

ROFL. This thread is turning into a bunch of degens that get offended. I should’ve known when I saw the DT comment and this ignorant broad saying “you’re full of BS”

So pretentious.

You’re right, I don’t care what people think. But I’ll jump at the chance of making you feel stupid. I bet you claim to be a Christian too. Lovely reflection of your ideologies “you’re a zero” “you’re ***** (whatever name you called me that was blocked out)”

Not sure why people were expecting their money to be deposited today just because it happened last year. Lol

Because repetition and consistency make people feel good. The second it doesn’t happen...it MUST be someone’s fault.

This thread is mainly full of people who hate the system they so desperately cling to for money. You’ll rip the IRS, but cry and plead about how much you “need this return”.

People making comments about it’s the presidents fault. People claiming that people “cheat the system” if their return is 5X the size of theirs (as if some of us don’t make a decent salary)

Then there’s really lovely people who claim to be something they’re not and their actions and words speak volumes

God, I love threads and tax season. LOL

My tax refund is entirely on me and I know that. We have 3 kids but I never adjusted my withholdings from 1 kid when I first got the job. We pay so little in mortgage interest and everything is so basic that I've never done anything other than the standard deduction.

Yes I know if I adjusted my withholdings I'd have the money throughout the year instead of a nice refund.

But you know what? I spend all year making sure my wife and kids want for nothing. Birthdays, anniversary, various holidays, I always take care of them.

So I treat the refund as my gifts for myself. Purchase a few choice, expensive items. Pay for our summer vacation. And I'm entirely ok with doing it this way.

Your refund is entirely on you with making sure your withholdings are correct. Want more in your check but a lower refund or even potentially owe a bit, adjust withholdings. Want a big tax refund, adjust withholdings.

Why r u even on here? Yes I do believe the government shutdown has a lot to do with it. Been consistent up till this year. Not the only person who didn't receive it today. Seen multiple people say they usually get it in the 16th. IDC that u got more money than me. It's my money and it's bs we gotta wait longer than anyone else cause people screw the system and we get the ass end off it. Get off this thread. U came at me first.

Got it 2 years in a row on the 16th not just one year.

@nick112207

Well said. Everyone’s case is different.

I pay out the wazoo on mortgage interest. I have a ridiculous 120 mile drive to work (gas write offs). I save receipts for anything work related. I claim 0 (even though I could claim 2) and have additional money taken out and put towards federal tax.

Everyone’s tax situation is different. I did the standard deduction up until 3 years ago. After buying a house, having a kid, and taking a long commute job...itemized deductions have worked in my favor. But that’s just me.

I used to wonder how in the world people got any more than $2000-$3000 back on an average salary...until I did it myself. It’s legit, but the up front cost is heavy. I just try to look at it as a “one time a year savings account”

You need to relax dude. No one “came at you first”. You’re trying to hijack a post and make it political. No one was talking politics until you opened your mouth.

As the other guy said “who cares if you got it on the 16th two years in a row? This year is different”....and guess what? Next year may be different too and the year after that.

You’re getting all worked up and looking for someone to blame because the money didn’t hit your account 3 times in a row.

And to answer your question; why am I here?

Because I can be? It’s an open forum? I think it’s funny when people like you get worked up?

I’m in numerous threads here and this is the ONLY ONE that someone’s getting personal.

ROFL “get off this thread”. Ok kiddo.

I can also say since the implementation of the PATH act mine hasn't been consistent (can you really claim consistency with a sample size of 2?)

2016 (before PATH act) I got it beginning of February. 2017 which was the 1st year of it being in effect I got it the 22nd. 2018 I got it on the 15th. 2019 who knows exactly when it will show up?

Also anyone who is newly effected by the PATH act due to the new tax rules, you have no frame of reference. Just because some people got it on the same day the past 2 years does not mean you will.

Yes it's nice to get it ON the 15th, but never has the IRS guaranteed that.

How did I hijacked this forum? I've been on here for a week. I was just saying. I'm not here to fight at all. IDC what anyone gets on there refund or what they did to get that much. Yes I get things change. Just venting that's it. I can blame whoever I want. I can be an ass when I'm pissed. I'm done replying. Have a good night. Not on here for this petty bs. Wasn't trying to make it political.

I for one get happy when I see others update. And for the ones that are still waiting I hope we get our money soon lol. So we can be done with this thread.

I love when people self project when attempting to insult. It’s the cutest lol. How in the heck did religion get brought into a tax debate? And you’re obviously wrong lol. [removed].

And it’s funny how you claim someone brought politics when your brought religion lmao... weird flex but ok

Also weird how you step into someone else’s arguement

I mean we can deflect all night. I brought religion into it, as I believe you’re that pretentious. I’d imagine you calling yourself a “C follower” yet exhibiting signs anything even remotely close to that.

I mean THAT is a weird flex, but ok.

Oomf
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies