Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Open turbo tax where i left off

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

39 Replies
JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

When you open TurboTax it will prompt you to start where you left off by following these steps, but first log off.

1. Sign back into your TurboTax account.

2. Click Take me to my return.

3. Choose Pick up where I left off.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I need to get into my account.  Please tell me how.  I log in at www.turbotax.com  Then you tell me you need more info.  You take me to Mozilla, Saturn and others.  Which one should I use?  and when I answer all questions I get:   YOU HAVE LOGGED IN TO MANY TIMES.   I have to log in when nothing goes thru.

Please help me::::::   My ID is Kevshe3567. 

@Kevshe3567 wrote:

I need to get into my account.  Please tell me how.  I log in at www.turbotax.com  Then you tell me you need more info.  You take me to Mozilla, Saturn and others.  Which one should I use?  and when I answer all questions I get:   YOU HAVE LOGGED IN TO MANY TIMES.   I have to log in when nothing goes thru.

Please help me::::::   My ID is Kevshe3567. 

You have to sign onto your online account using the exact same user ID you used to create the online account.

Close all TurboTax windows on your web browser (including this one).  Copy and paste the account recovery website link onto a new web browser window and run the tool.

Use this TurboTax account recovery website to get a list of all the user ID's for an email address.  Run the tool against any email addresses you may have used - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery

If none of the user ID's received will access your account, then use the option shown in blue on the account recovery website, "Try something else"

If you used the desktop CD/Download editions installed on your computer, the only copy of your tax data file and any PDF's will be on the computer where the return was created.  TurboTax does not store online any returns completed using the desktop editions.

If you still cannot access your account, you can contact TurboTax customer service/support through their contact website during business hours.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for a contact link and hours of operation - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3401489

Submit your question/problem during business hours and then use the option for Call (a phone number will be provided for Call) to speak directly with a TurboTax agent -

Note:  The Call option will not be available when TurboTax Support is closed.

Support can also be reached by messaging them on these pages https://www.facebook.com/turbotax/ and https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

If you need help recovering your TurboTax account, please click here.

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

Could you tell us exactly what issue it is you are having?

Using the desktop version of Turbo Tax Premier, NOT the cloud version, I would like to restart after quitting in the same place I was when I quit.  For example, if I am editing page 6 of a 9 page Word document, and have to quit, when I launch that Word file again it opens on page 6, not page 1.  Can that be done on the desktop version?

Please advise and thanks for the reply

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please refer to the article below for instructions.

How do I open my tax return in the TurboTax software I installed?

Exactly how did that article answer the question? Almost sounds like you didn't read it. 

He asked how you open TurboTax desktop so it goes back to the return at the point you last saved it. And example:

You close TurboTax while working on charitable deductions.

When reopening TurboTax, "continue" tax return brings you back to the very beginning, asking the preliminary questions all over again.

We want to know how to open TurboTax so "Continue" actually means  "continue."  It should go back to charitable deductions.

I've been wondering the same for the 20 years I've used the product.

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

@markko Whenever an update is installed in the CD/Download software it loses track of where you left off. So the next time you open your return it takes you to the beginning. There is no way to get back to where you left off, because the software no longer knows where you left off. But after you save the return again, the next time you open it, it will pick up where you left off, until the next update.

If you exit without saving, it also will not remember where you left off. When you open the return again, it will go to where you were when you last saved it, unless an update has been installed.

" rjs Level 15"

Please see the TurboTax FAQ's below for more information:

What's the difference between the tax data file and the PDF file?

How can I protect the tax files on my computer?

How do I back up my tax file in the TurboTax CD/Download software?

please

hallo

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

When you open TurboTax it will prompt you to start where you left off by following these steps, but first log off.

• Sign back into your TurboTax account.
  • Click Take me to my return.
  • Choose Pick up where I left off.

It is so hard to log back in and go back to where you left off.

[phone number removed]  or [phone number removed]

It won't let you log into your account and just continue.  What is wrong.  Not very User friendly.

I have been using it for years but with a CD which worked fine.

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

If you are having issues and need assistance, please contact customer support. Please see the Customer Support phone number hereIf you would like to reach out through our website, please see the TurboTax FAQ below for contact information: https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies