turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

We just finished filing my Colorado State Tax Return, but did not included item #12 on the 1099 R and I'm not sure how to correct. Can you please let me know how i need to amend my Income tax for 2019?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

We just finished filing my Colorado State Tax Return, but did not included item #12 on the 1099 R and I'm not sure how to correct. Can you please let me know how i need to amend my Income tax for 2019?

Once your return has been accepted, you will not be able to make any changes until after your refund has been processed. Amending your return means filing a new form, 1040X. This is only required in certain situations. In other situations, you can change your original return and you should not file a new form. Please click Do I need to amend? to learn more. 

You should not try to amend your return until it has been fully processed and you have received your refund or your payment has cleared.  Amended returns do not “catch up” to your original returns and replace them.  They are processed as two separate returns.

Please click How do I amend my 2019 TurboTax Online return? to learn more. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies