turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Umber

Was layed off, in need of stim check. Could only file my second and third Tax Returns and not my recent. Read below.

Well see, growing up I was never taught how to file Taxes so you'll have to forgive me if I don't understand something. Here's my issue. Couple of weeks ago I lost my job at Cinemark due to the start of the quarantine and social distancing orders and it has put me in a terrible financial spot. In short I just filed two of the w2's I had available as I did not yet do it, this virus just sorta blew up in everyone's face and at the time I was scrambling to replace my picture ID which was lost due to me being pit pocketed some time before.

The two I filed were from my first two jobs, the third was the one I was just layed off from, I used this site to file though I'm a bit unsure if its going to go through as this is all new to me. I knew I needed to do them anyway but I did them immediately in hopes that it would give the IRS the info they need to send my Stimulus check via direct deposit but I'm starting to have my doubts that I'm going about this right...

Anyway I really need to know a few things. Like how to go about getting the Stimulus check the right way or if I even filed my taxes correctly. I also would like any tips on how to go about getting through this mess because something tells me this is going to be a long two months and I need as much help as I can get here though I don't know what's readily available to me. Any advice would be immensely appreciated!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Was layed off, in need of stim check. Could only file my second and third Tax Returns and not my recent. Read below.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/stimulus-check/

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies