turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Waiting on advance refund

I received an email that the IRS accepted my federal refund over 48hrs ago. Why haven’t I received confirmation about my advanced refund yet?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies
EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

The IRS has not begun to process returns as of yet. The IRS will begin processing returns on January 27th so you may not receive your funds until after that date.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-receiving-your-refund-advance/00/27510

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I already received an e-mail stating the IRS accepted them(think I was accepted into the test batch).. do I need to wait for the 27th for the refund advance to go through?

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

Yes. Once the IRS starts accepting all returns the refund advances will start begin processed as well.  For more information please click the link below to view some frequently asked questions concerning refund advances.

About Refund Advance - Community

My refund was accepted today, however, I have not gotten the advance. Who can I speak with about this?

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Once the IRS accepts your e-filed return and if you are eligible and approved for Refund Advance (a 0% APR loan with $0 loan fees) and the Turbo Visa Debit Card, you’ll be able to start spending online, typically within 48 hours of the IRS accepting your return. If you do not find the email in your inbox, please check your Spam folder. 

Please see the below FAQ for additional information on the receiving your Refund Advance: 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-receiving-your-refund-advance/00/27510

maddie
Returning Member

My refund was accepted by the IRS too and I still have not received my advance. When I signed up for the advance it said within one hour you will receive your advance and that has not been the case. It’s been all day 

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

The IRS just started processing tax returns today. The refund advance program is run through First Century Bank, a partner site. An email should be sent to you with additional information after you pre-qualify. Please check your junk mail if you do not see it in your inbox.

Please see the TurboTax FAQ below for more information:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-refund-advance/00/27333

maddie
Returning Member

I was approved and received my turbo card already in the mail. It said after the IRS accepts your refund you will get the advance within a hour. It’s been all day I was accepted. So it wasn’t correct information turbo tax gave us. Seems a lot of people are wondering the same thing 

@maddie Did you get an email that gave an approval amount? I never even received that but I did receive an email to set up my debit card after preapproval and filing. Last year, I also got an advance but didn’t get an email stating my approval. This is so confusing.

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

Once the IRS accepts your return. one hour later, you will get the card info (which then has to be set up with an online account). Forty-eight hours after acceptance, there is money available on the virtual card.

How will I know if I'm approved for Refund Advance and how long does it usually take?

If you qualify for Refund Advance and are approved for the Turbo Visa Debit Card1, you’ll be notified by email of the approved amount and you’ll be able to start spending online, typically within 48 hours of the IRS accepting your return.

We'll email you instructions on how to set up your Turbo Card account to start spending online.

The temporary card info will work for 15 days or until you activate your physical Turbo Card, which will arrive within 5 to 10 business days of IRS acceptance and loan approval.

The rest of your refund (minus any TurboTax fees) will be loaded on the same Turbo Card as your Refund Advance, typically within 21 days from IRS acceptance. You’ll be able to spend the money anywhere Visa is accepted in the U.S. This includes physical and online stores.

If you weren’t approved, you will receive an email from First Century Bank, N.A. with the reason for denial and contact information if you have additional questions about the decision.

About the Refund Advance application process

About receiving your Refund Advance

Aja011710
Returning Member

@CassLO  It has been over 48 hours since my refund was accepted and I am still waiting on my advance. The terms and conditions state within 48 hours AND until February 7th, or until funds run out. So all of us that are still waiting and are paying whatever fees may not receive it? Was this just a scam to entice customers? Because the BBB wouldn’t be thrilled with that. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies