turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

deep
Level 2

W-2C amendment

hi all,

I got two w2's for the year 2019 (one was for NJ and other for NY). Out f which one of the W2 doesn't have my middle initials printed. Also, both of the W2's have 2 different addresses. I suspect due to which I received a W2-C form (for the NY one). 

I already filed my taxes and also received refund. What should I do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

W-2C amendment

Your employer corrected your W-2 for a middle initial?  Was the Social Security number correct on the original W-2?  The address on the W-2 is irrelevant.  People move all the time.  What matters is whether the employer used your correct Social Security number and entered the correct amounts for your wages.  You do not need to amend for a middle initial or for an address an employer put on a W-2.  Relax and enjoy the fact that your tax return was processed and you received your refund.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
deep
Level 2

W-2C amendment

Thanks for replying @xmasbaby0. Both the W2's have the same SSN which is there in W2c. One thing I noticed and didn't understand in W2c, is that the SSN number is placed in a box called correct SSN (its the same which is there in both W2's).

But if I assume that that SSN will not be a problem and also the address and middle initial l as you said, does it mean I need not file for amendment?

W-2C amendment

No you do not need to amend your tax return for this.  You should, however, ALWAYS save your W-2's for your own records, so put those away with the originals you received from the employer in January and save them for yourself.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
deep
Level 2

W-2C amendment

Alrighty @xmasbaby0 , thanks for your insights on this. I won't be worrying about the W2c amendmnet. And yes I do have the w2 saved in a safe place. Have a good one

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies