turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Verified my identity with the IRS October 2020 and filed taxes in April 2020 and they were accepted but irs says no info of my taxes being submitted??

I E-filed in April 2020 and they were accepted than I got letter saying to verify my identity,  I did that in October 2020 but now when login it says I never filed and I'm passed the date. What the hell is going on with this CRAP???

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Verified my identity with the IRS October 2020 and filed taxes in April 2020 and they were accepted but irs says no info of my taxes being submitted??

Who says you didn't file?  Turbo Tax or the IRS?  If Turbo Tax doesn't show your return, It's common to end up with multiple accounts. First LOG OUT of whatever TurboTax account you're logged into right now. Then use this TurboTax account recovery website to get a list of user ID's for an email address. Run the tool against any email addresses you may have used
https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery/

If you used the Desktop CD/Download program then the only copy is on your computer and not saved or stored online.

Hasbro21
Returning Member

I did and it says my efile was accepted but when get on irs website it says it has no record of 2019 taxes being filed.??

Well you know the return was accepted since you had to ID notify so are you using the correct info on the IRS site ?   

You must use the primary taxpayers SS#, the correct filing status and the refund amount from the form 1040 line 21a.   https://www.irs.gov/refunds

Hasbro21
Returning Member

Yea I've put it in for last 6 months and says same **bleep** thing. 

Only the IRS controls when and if a tax refund is Approved and Sent.

Call the IRS:  1-800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday

When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.  

So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info).  Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.

Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".   

Then press 3 "for all other questions."

Then press 2 "for all other questions."  

- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don’t enter anything.  

- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Then press 2 and then 4 …

It should then transfer you to an agent.

Or you can contact your local IRS office.  See this IRS website for local IRS offices - http://www.irs.gov/uac/Contact-Your-Local-IRS-Office-1 or call 1-844-545-5640 to set up an appointment

Or you may want to contact a Taxpayer Advocate in your area.  See this IRS website for Taxpayer Advocate in your area and a toll free number - http://www.irs.gov/Advocate/Local-Taxpayer-Advocate

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies