Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

US expats with US bank accounts cannot use the direct deposit feature. If the account is in the USA with an American bank this should be allowed but it isn't. Right?

Can someone enable this feature? The only text I found for direct deposit was that it has to be a US bank. I have an account at one -yet because my address is outside of the USA I can't attach the routing and account number even though it is a major US bank....
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
KarenJ2
Expert Alumni

US expats with US bank accounts cannot use the direct deposit feature. If the account is in the USA with an American bank this should be allowed but it isn't. Right?

We accept credit, debit, and pre-paid cards with a Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover logo. Like many other U.S. online merchants, we can only process cards with a U.S. billing address. 

If you do not have a US billing address, perhaps you have a friend or relative in the US that could assist you. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

This doesn't have to do with paying for TurboTax but allowing me to include a direct deposit account on my tax return for things like what is currently going on and the need for it. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies