turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax is aware of my NEW current bank information. Maybe the IRS is not aware of.. I still havent recieved my second stimilus. Should I be expecting my stimilus in the mail or will I even get a sec

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

TurboTax is aware of my NEW current bank information. Maybe the IRS is not aware of.. I still havent recieved my second stimilus. Should I be expecting my stimilus in the mail or will I even get a sec

You should be receiving a check in the mail sometime on or before January 15.  However, there is no guarantee that the IRS will send the check.  If no payment is received then the payment will be on your 2020 federal tax return as a tax credit.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

TurboTax does not store your bank information.  The only bank information that is available to the IRS is what was entered on your federal tax return for a direct deposit of a federal tax refund.

Go to this IRS get my payment website - https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

If you do not receive any other stimulus payments by January 15, 2021, then the stimulus payment for which you are eligible to receive will be entered on your 2020 federal tax return as a tax credit on Form 1040 Line 30.

The TurboTax program will ask about stimulus payments in the Federal Review section of the program.

So i fall into the catergory in which the IRS DOESNT have my current bank information. They have anothet bank account that I CLOSED and no longer have. So should I be expecting a check before the 15th if not I can file that into my 2020 Tax Return right ..??

You should be receiving a check in the mail sometime on or before January 15.  However, there is no guarantee that the IRS will send the check.  If no payment is received then the payment will be on your 2020 federal tax return as a tax credit.

@teresad112 wrote:

So i fall into the catergory in which the IRS DOESNT have my current bank information. They have anothet bank account that I CLOSED and no longer have. So should I be expecting a check before the 15th if not I can file that into my 2020 Tax Return right ..??

That's a tough spot.  If you got an email from Turbotax about misdirected refunds because the IRS sent refunds to the refund transfer bank by mistake, then SBTPG will attempt to send your refund to your actual bank account if they can identify it.  If SBTPG can't identify your real bank account, the payment will be returned to the IRS and you will request the credit on your return.  See these statements

https://blog.turbotax.intuit.com/tax-news/why-havent-i-received-my-second-stimulus-check-48743/

https://www.sbtpg.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-info/

If you did NOT get an email from Turbotax, then you are not affected by the IRS mistake regarding refund transfer banks.  In that case, only the IRS has information on your stimulus payment.  If they try to deposit to a closed account and it bounces, they will not issue a replacement check and you will have to claim the credit.

Check the IRS here

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

I did my taxes but after I had then emailed, and they were accepted I realized that I didn't answer the stimulus available correctly, that is if I'm allowed one again, I received one 2021 but not for 2022, how can I fined out, if I', eligible to receive one

I meant my 2021 taxes I received one for that year but not for 2022 so do I need to amend my tax return with and 1099R or something

@Lynne A Marko You have added to an old thread and your post is confusing.   If you are saying you did not receive the 3rd EIP payment of $1400 per person, you were supposed to enter information about that on your 2021 tax return for the recovery rebate credit.  If you got the credit on your 2021 return it will show on line 30 of your 2021 Form 1040.  Take a look at your 2021 tax return and see if you have an amount on line 30.

There were no federal stimulus checks sent out for tax year 2022, and there is no recovery rebate credit on a 2022 tax return.

People have been pretty confused by the stimulus checks.

The first EIP --or stimulus check--- was issued in 2020  It was for $1200 for adults and $500 for a dependent under the age of 17.   The IRS used information from either your 2019 or 2020 tax return to issue those checks so they could send them out in a hurry.

The 2nd EIP or stimulus was issued in late 2020 or early 2021 and was $600 for adults and $600 for dependents under age 17.

If you did not receive the 1st and/or 2nd stimulus check you can get it by filing a 2020 tax return and using the recovery rebate credit in Federal Review.   It will end up on line 30 of a 2020 tax return and will be added to your refund (or reduce your tax due).

The 3rd EIP--or stimulus check-- was sent out in mid-March or later in 2021 and was for $1400 per person--adults and dependents no age limit.

If you did not get the 3rd EIP payment you can get it by filing a 2021 tax return and using the recovery rebate credit in Federal Review.   The credit will go on line 30 of your Form 1040 and will add to your refund (or reduce your tax due).

Try checking your online account with the IRS (and if you filed a joint return—check for BOTH of you)

https://www.irs.gov/payments/your-online-account

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies