Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax and the 570code? Why so common?

After pulling my Transcripts and seeing a 570 hold/review code I started doing some digging online and social media and it seems the largest common factor I have been seeing is that anyone who filed late Jan. early Feb. and with Turbotax are the ones with the codes... This can not be a coincidence and I believe someone from TurboTax needs to step in and do some explaining.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
APJ1
Level 2

@TechisamI have been using the product for years and this is my first time having this awful experience. After research, I also noticed the same thing. I am frustrated and I think next year I may need to go with a tax professional. Everyone I know used one and received their return by today, but mine is still being held up with the 570 code. I looked at my past tax transcripts and this is the first time that code has appeared. I have had the same job for ten years, claimed the same kids and imported my W2. At least next year, with a tax professional, there will be someone to personally answer my questions. SMH

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

@APJ1, TurboTax has no control over the IRS placing holds or codes on returns. Please click here for a list of IRS codes and what they mean. To best understand the reason the 570 code was placed, you will want to contact the IRS directly. Please click here for more details and information for how to prepare for a call to the IRS.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

My federal was accepted 2/2 and I also have a 570 code on the transcripts. I contacted the IRS and was told it was a random computerized pick. But called them again and was told I was specifically chosen! So I don’t think they know what’s going on. I couldn’t get an exact explanation. However, I did contact a tax rep and was told MULTIPLE people have called in asking about a 570 and all of them filed with TurboTax. I do not know or am not implying it’s TT, but it’s awfully odd that 90% of cases I’ve seen have been filed with TurboTax and all this awful 570 code!!!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies