turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Bruce-4TT

Turbo Tax now providing different result

I stepped through the questions and created a tax return - my calculations outside of TurboTax had me expecting to get a $600 refund. TurboTax calculated that I owed $200 and I didn't understand how it came to that conclusion but I e-filed and the IRS took $200 from my bank account. I opened TT again after filing just to look at my return and it showed up top that I should be getting a $600 refund. So without editing anything I stepped through the series of questions and had it recalculate/recreate my return and TT is now saying that I have a refund of $600 due to me. The IRS already took my $200 payment and the software won't let me file again. How do I amend or resubmit? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
SusanY1
Employee Tax Expert

First, you need to go undo the steps you went through that changed the return and set it back to its original condition, as filed.   

Then, log back into your account and click on the option "Amend a return that was filed and accepted" and then proceed through the questions. 

You can find more complete guidance on how to amend a tax return that has already been filed and accepted here: How to Amend in TurboTax.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

You are suffering from the congress mid-stream change in the tax law.

Don't amend.

IRS is correcting all the returns like yours and you will get your refund of $800  sooner or later.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies