turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

This isn't a question it's helpful advice. This is for PATH act filers only.

(Disclaimer: I am not a tax professional this information comes from a number of different sources on the internet and my own personal experience. Your tax return experience should not be considered to mirror the experience of others.) Make sure you know the difference between "... being processed." And "... still being processed." This is for the PATH act filers, after the PATH act lifts on the 15th it shows either 1 of 2 messages first is this message which you want to see before the update:"we have received your tax return and it is being processed". That message is what will be replaced with a DDD when your account updates depends on if you're a daily or weekly cycle. The second message if you haven't seen it is: "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." That message is not what you want to see. That means extra review. Not everyone who is claiming the tax credits will see the PATH act message some will stay on "We have received your tax return and it is being processed." And won't update until the act lifts. By then you will see 1 of 3 messages, depending on the tax return situation (no one tax return is the same and just because you have a friend with a refund date there doesn't mean the next update will have yours.), "We have received your tax return and it is being processed.", "Your tax refund is scheduled to be sent to your bank by XX/XX/XXXX. If your refund has not been credited to your account by XX/XX/XXXX check with your bank to see if they have recieved it.", and finally the one you do not want to see is "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." (Those are just 3 of the messages that I've seen on WMR, your tax return might not be exactly as I have described. If you have questions contact a tax professional or if the WMR tool directs you to contact the IRS. Most of all be patient (I know it's hard but it's worth the wait)).
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

ytyyyttttttttttttttttttj.png

The W.M.R data system went down on 2/15 and the entire W.M.R system is backlogged. So let me clarify what a few people are asking. If your status is "We have received your tax return and it is being processed.", this means your return in the W.M.R data system and is queued to be updated in the W.M.R data system. This issue does not delay any refund you are expecting, it is strictly an issue with the system. Please be patient! I have no answers about anything other than this issue. Sorry!
Mjp
Level 3

I'm a weekly I have been since I have been filing my taxes my path message went away to the "being processed" does anyone know if we will update Saturday for a ddd of wednesday?

hey so i saw on different websites from someone who is a CPA, that when you see the message of being no bars and only we have recieved your refund and it is being processed, means that someone is actually manually checking it over and it will be updated after that, if all is good you will recieve a DD.

if i dont see something tomorrow am i am going to call irs.

THANK YOU! I was literally freaking out thinking i was being reviewed or something. I want my taxes so I can finally register my car after two years of no driving.

Can u explain all the other abbreviations becuz im so confused with all the lingo

that appears untrue. from many community posts it seems many many many people see that statement with no bars. IRS website says that bar is irrelevant

Any one received their date or refund yet? With the still processing messages?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies