turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jf1093890

I got my turbo tax pre paid card but it has no money on it yet i got it yesterday

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
EdwardLO

I got my turbo tax pre paid card but it has no money on it yet i got it yesterday

The money will not be on the card until the IRS releases and deposits the funds.

The IRS releases most refunds within 21 days of the date that the IRS accepts the return.  (exception: the IRS did not begin processing e-filed returns until 1/29, so if you filed before then, it would be approx. 21 days from that date). 

View solution in original post

11 Replies
EdwardLO

The money will not be on the card until the IRS releases and deposits the funds.

The IRS releases most refunds within 21 days of the date that the IRS accepts the return.  (exception: the IRS did not begin processing e-filed returns until 1/29, so if you filed before then, it would be approx. 21 days from that date). 

jennxrose

Have you received money yet? I'm still waiting on mine.. I filed mine on the 13th
jf1093890

Fill my on the 09
jennxrose

Thing is, it's my first time using turbo tax and I'm not sure if it went through lol I look up the status and it says it can't find any info
jf1093890

My  say the money what I'll get

I got my card Saturday n no funds was in my card n still ain’t watz goin on

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

@Poohdabutt To check the status of your refund, visit the Where’s My Federal Refund? site, for the most up to date information. Once your refund status on the IRS shows "Refund Sent" it can take 1 to 5 business days for the financial institution to deposit fund into your account (your card).

The general timeline of e-filed returns is: Transmission > Acceptance > Processing > Approval > Refund.

Please see the links below for more information:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
clydeyea

just want to know why send a card with nothing and how am i to know when their is money in it?

clydeyea

called irs and was told theirs nothing whats going on!

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

You normally get your card first and then when the IRS releases the refund it will be issued to the card.  Did the IRS mention when your refund would be issued?  IF it was issued, you will need to reach out to the Prepaid Card Customer Service for more information:

https://turbodebitcard.intuit.com/contact-us

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
DaMommy20

I had issues with the where's my payment sight login also and it was because my address is a West # avenue and if you don't capitalize certain things or do put it in just how they would have it on file.  They would want it exactly how you filed a I th address.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies