turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

theolexys

The IRS has asked me to complete for 8962. I have used Turbo tax to file 2019. Can I load my 2019 tax return and populate form 8962 with 2019 details? And then print?

I do have form 1095-A.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

The IRS has asked me to complete for 8962. I have used Turbo tax to file 2019. Can I load my 2019 tax return and populate form 8962 with 2019 details? And then print?

A Form 8962 will be created and completed by the TurboTax software if the user has entered a Form 1095-A.  If the Form 1095-A has not been entered then the Form 8962 will not be created.

If you used the TurboTax online editions for the 2019 tax return you will need to download the tax data file from the online account to your computer.  You will need to install the 2019 TurboTax software on your computer to open the 2019 tax data file.

Then follow the procedure in this TurboTax support FAQ for the Form 8962 and Form 1095-A as requested by the IRS for tax year 2019 (Use the procedure TurboTax CD/Download Instructions for Windows) - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/health-care/help/the-irs-is-requesting-form-8962/01/27409

If you purchased one of the 2019 TurboTax online editions you can contact TurboTax support to have them push a 2019 desktop installation file to your download account at no charge - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download .tax file

Hercules1

@Hercules1 wrote:

READ the answer directly above your post on this thread.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies