turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

The irs did not receive my tax return

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

What tax year?   A current 2019 return or a prior year's return?  What makes you think it was not received?

If you recently efiled, the IRS won't start processing 2019 returns until January 27, except for a few returns that are pulled early for testing.

So you need to explain your situation.

My 2019 tax return

On the irs app it says my info doesn’t match and on the website it says they cannot give me any info. On turbo tax app it says it’s unknown if the irs received it

@gapperdown86 wrote:

My 2019 tax return

What makes you think the IRS didn't receive it?   It's too early to use the "Where's My Refund" tool.

When efiling, did you go all the way to the final screen and click a big orange button that says "Transmit My Returns Now?"

If so, then log back into your Online Account.  At the Tax Home page what is shown for the status?    Does it say pending, rejected, accepted, or what?

If it says your efile is "pending", be aware that the IRS doesn't open up to officially start processing returns until January 27.  If you efile before then, your return will just sit on TurboTax servers until the IRS retrieves it on Jan. 27 (except for a few returns that are pulled early for testing purposes.)    So most people won't know until after January 27 whether the return is accepted or rejected.    Once accepted, that is when processing will actually begin.  And about 24 hours after it's accepted, it should show up in the IRS "Where's My Refund" tool.

Davisieng

it's been 2 weeks since I efile my 2019 tax return and the irs did received my return. Should I be worry? The wmr status did not said its been received or not.

@Davisieng wrote:

it's been 2 weeks since I efile my 2019 tax return and the irs did received my return. Should I be worry? The wmr status did not said its been received or not.

What was your efile status after filing the return?  Was it accepted?    Check by logging into your Online account and at the Tax Home.   What is the status shown there--accepted, rejected, started, printed, ready to mail, etc.?

If that showed it was accepted, you can use the tool at the IRS website below to monitor the status of your Federal refund. 
https://www.irs.gov/Refunds

NOTE: When using that tool, use only the Federal refund amount, and not any total refund amount that includes a state refund.
The amount to use is on your Federal Form 1040, Line 21a.

NOTE: By law (the PATH Act), the IRS will not begin issuing refunds on tax returns claiming the Earned Income Tax Credit or Additional Child Tax Credit until after February 15. So filers with those credits likely won't get their refunds until late February, or in some cases, early March.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies