turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rlukensy

The irs changed our 2018 tax due amount to a refund so how do I start 2019 tax return with the old incorrect tax return still in Turbo Tax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

The irs changed our 2018 tax due amount to a refund so how do I start 2019 tax return with the old incorrect tax return still in Turbo Tax?

What exactly did they change on your return?  It might not affect 2019.  Did you leave off an estimated payment?  Or did they adjust schedule D for capital gains tax?

rlukensy

IRS said there were an errors on Scheds. E and SE. They refunded what I had calculated as tax owed and paid in April plus some more. Nice. But I'm concerned that errors will flow through to 2019 from the return as is in TurboTax. No luck getting anyone at TT to talk to.

Well since you did not amend the 2018 return yet  to correct the errors and confirm the IRS changes then wait until the 2019 ONLINE program goes live sometime this week  and  use the free amendment program to make the changes BEFORE you start the 2019 return ... this way you can transfer the updated tax file into the 2019 program.    

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1900883-transfer-last-year-s-return-into-turbotax-online 

NBFNJ

are you sure it will be going live this week? Going through divorce and need my 2017 return and is so frustrating i cannot access until new version is online!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies