turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

The date on the turbotax bar says IRS accepting returns on 1/29 but the IRS site says 1/27. When will turbotax submit my return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

The date on the turbotax bar says IRS accepting returns on 1/29 but the IRS site says 1/27. When will turbotax submit my return?

The IRS has not begun to process returns as of yet. The IRS will begin processing returns on January 27th.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/return-status/help/what-does-pending-mean/00/26331

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

The question was not answered.. Why does it state 1/29/2020? We all know processing starts on 1/27/2020.. 

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

If you are referring to the blue bar in TurboTax Online, it is used as an estimate to track the status of your tax refund. The IRS began processing tax returns today. TurboTax will only show the status of returns (not refunds), such as when the return is actually accepted. You would not be able to directly track the status of your refund from within your TurboTax account. TurboTax is not connected the IRS or state department(s) of revenue refund tracking tools.

Please see the TurboTax FAQ below for more information on tracking your tax refund:

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies