Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

eddiecro

Still waiting on unemployment tax break refund …I filed in Feb ..single filer …what’s the story ?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Still waiting on unemployment tax break refund …I filed in Feb ..single filer …what’s the story ?

The story is that the IRS says they will be sending out the refunds for the unemployment exclusion over the course of the summer. They only started at the end of May. They are not necessarily going in the order that the tax returns were filed, and a return filed as single could still have some complication that makes it take longer. There is no way to check the status of your refund or find out when you will get it. All you can do is wait. For more information see the following IRS announcements and FAQ.

IRS to recalculate taxes on unemployment benefits; refunds to start in May

IRS begins correcting tax returns for unemployment compensation income exclusion

IRS sending more than 2.8 million refunds to those who already paid taxes on 2020 unemployment compe...

2020 Unemployment Compensation Exclusion FAQs

eddiecro

Yeah just curious ,  a few friends of mine got theirs on the first batch , hopefully 2nd batch will come out soon …..thanks for response 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies