turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Still processing

My return was accepted on 1/27. The status bars have disappeared within the last few days and it says that it’s still being processed. I called the IRS today and a very rude woman said because I have a EITC, the waiting for 21 days starts on 2/15. I was concerned about there being an issue and she said it would tell me on the app if there was, she wouldn’t even look into it for me. Is this true? I’m freaking out. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

12 Replies
EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

Still processing

Yes, this is true. Because of your credits, the IRS did not start to process your tax return until February 15. If the IRS finds that there is an issue with your return, your status on the Where's My Refund tool on the IRS website will be updated accordingly and you may receive a letter in the mail explaining the issue. Otherwise, if there are no issues once your return has been done processing, your status will update with a direct deposit date. Customer service at the IRS are not able to look into your tax return until after the 21 days have passed. 

The best way to get an accurate direct deposit date is to use the Where's My Refund tool on the IRS website. 

To track your Federal refund, visit the Where’s My Federal Refund? site here: https://www.irs.gov/refundsUpdates are made daily, usually overnight. You may also download the IRS2Go app to check your Federal refund status. You can track the status of your state return by following the directions in the following TurboTax FAQ.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/how-do-i-track-my-state-refund/00/25571 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Still processing

My daughter to took the path act credits she was told today they are running behind that her return wouldnt even be processed until the 22nd and to check wmr after that . IRS is really screening returns for fraudulent filings she was also told 

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

Still processing

If you claimed the EIC (Earned Income Credit) or ACTC (Additional Child Tax Credit), you will most likely see the message, "We have received your tax return and it is being processed" for several days after February 15th.  

Where's My Refund? will be updated with projected deposit dates for most early EITC/ACTC refund filers by February 22

The IRS expects the first of these refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or on debit cards by the first week of March.

Refer to the following link for additional information:  Refund Timing for Earned Income Tax Credit and Additional Child Tax Credit Filers

Still processing

@taylordanielleee  I don't know if you found any clarification here but I called in on yesterday and I have to verify my identity first before my return continues to process and my WMR status says still being processed!!

Still processing

Not true cause it's been 21 days for me and I'm under review

Still processing

Not True. 

They don't start processing or releasing tax refunds until the 15th, Correct.

But, No you don't wait 21 days counting from the 15th. I know several people who received there's today. With EIC and Additional Tax Credit. Some filed with me 1/22 and two filed 2/17. 

Still processing

ANY UPDATES HERE!!!

Radiox89

Still processing

I will never use TT again. From hidden fees to charging for their services that was never selected, to missing info, to my taxes being filed and accepted for months and no help. Everyone in the same job as me with very similar tax situations have all gotten their refunds back because they filed with HR and JH. I file with TT and I still haven’t gotten mine. Something stinks.

Still processing

I'm still waiting too, 120 dollars so that my refund still hasn't come? I won't use this service again.  Next year I will use the IRS online service, I used it last year and it was only 10 days, it's been 22 days and no msgs or complications, just still waiting.

Still processing

@sweetjj66 Me either I will never use them again.

Car67Las

Still processing

mine still says still processing. I did mine jan 28. and still processing. I am thinking its turbo tax customers only. because I did my daughters on HR Block and she got hers, we did same day. you at least got a rude lady on the phone. I can't get anyone live. 

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Still processing

@Car67Las

If you are concerned about your refund and it's been over 21 days since your tax return was accepted by the IRS and you decide to call them here are some tips when contacting the IRS at 1-800-829-1040:

• First choose your language. 
  • Then do not choose the first choice regarding REFUND, or it will send you to an automated phone line.
  • Instead, press 2 for personal income tax questions.
  • Then press 1 for form, tax history, or payment.  
  • Then press 3 for all other questions.
  • Then press 2 for all other questions to be transferred to an agent

Please see this TurboTax FAQ on what to have ready before you contact the IRS: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/irs/help/what-do-i-need-if-i-call-the-irs/00/27378

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies