turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Still havent received my 2018 refund and it 2020

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

13 Replies

First be sure your 2018 return was successfully filed.   Log in and in the left menu column click on Previous Taxes then choose 2018.   Or you can also get there from the Tax Home page by scrolling down to "Your Tax Returns & Documents" and expand that section.

When you choose 2018, does it say it was filed, and if so, what is shown for the "status"?   Does it say accepted, rejected, printed, started, ready to mail, or what?

If the status shows that it was accepted by the IRS, or if you printed and mailed the return but never received the refund, we can tell you how to phone the IRS to speak to a live agent.

Also, if it shows "accepted" but you never received the refund, how did you pay the TurboTax fees that year?  Did you pay upfront with credit/debit card, or did you choose to pay the fees out of your Federal refund?

Tbaby88

It was accepted and still haven't came and the turbo tax fees supposed to come from my federal refund

@Tbaby88 wrote:

It was accepted and still haven't came and the turbo tax fees supposed to come from my federal refund

To access your current or prior year tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on 2018

What is the status of the e-filed federal tax return?  If the status is anything other than Accepted then the tax return was never e-filed.  If you did not print and mail the federal tax return then the return was never filed.

@Tbaby88 

I DID NOT RECEIVE MY REFUND FOR LAST YEAR

Do you know if your 2018 return was accepted?  What did your emails say after you filed?

When you e-file your federal return you will receive two emails from TurboTax.  The first one will say that your return was submitted.  The second email will tell you if your federal return was accepted or rejected.  If you e-filed a state return, there will be a third email to tell you if the state accepted or rejected your state return.

Check your account for 2018.  If it says anything other than "accepted" your return was not filed.  Either it was rejected and you did not notice and/or follow up, or it was never filed at all.

If you chose to file by mail, you had to mail it yourself.  TurboTax does not mail it for you.

If it was not filed, then print, sign and mail it now.

When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s.  Use a mailing service that will track it, such as UPS or certified mail so you will know the IRS/state received the return.

If it was filed and accepted, then you have to follow up with the IRS to see what happened.

To call the IRS:IRS:  800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Mon-Fri

Listen to each menu before making the selection.

First choose your language. Press 1 for English.

Then do NOT choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.

Instead, press 2 for "personal income tax".

Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  

Then press 3 "for all other questions."

Then press 2 "for all other questions."  It should then transfer you to an agent.

If this is about your state refund then contact your state:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/state-taxes/help/how-do-i-contact-my-state-department-of-revenue/0...

Another thing to look into--you say your fees were supposed to come from your federal refund.

Santa Barbara Tax Products Group, LLC  (SBTPG) is the bank that handles the Refund Processing Service when you choose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your refund. This option also has an additional charge from the bank that processes the transaction. 

You can contact them SBTPG, toll-free, at 1-877-908-7228 or go to their secure website www.sbtpg.com 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2580357-who-provides-the-refund-processing-service

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Tbaby88

It say accepted Jan 29th 2018 and also says for turbo tax payment it says thank u for ur payment but I haven't received no refund so how did they get a payment

@Tbaby88 wrote:

It say accepted Jan 29th 2018 and also says for turbo tax payment it says thank u for ur payment but I haven't received no refund so how did they get a payment

Cannot comment on the payment as that can only be addressed by TurboTax support.

For the federal tax refund use the procedure to contact the IRS as shown in the reply from @xmasbaby0 below.

TURBOTAX TOOK MONEY OUT OF MY BANK ACCOUNT

Did you choose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your federal refund?  Is your refund taking an unusually long time to arrive?  Or was your refund seized to pay a debt you owed? if so, you signed an agreement that says TT can withdraw its fees from your account.  TurboTax would have sent several emails to you before they took the money out of your account.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901364-why-was-my-bank-account-auto-debited-for-turbotax-fees

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

The 2018 taxes were filed and I paid with a bank draft.  I received an email that the tax return was accepted.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We don't understand your question. Would you please clarify what tax refund are you referring to (federal or state), so we can help?

Tbaby88

My federal 

AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

@Tbaby88 if you need assistance tracking your previous years' refund, please reach out to the IRS for assistance. Here's how you can reach someone: 1-888-353-4537

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Me neither or forgot got such with so much hazirdness now of crisis of how to budget got me wondering about 2018 taxes and turbo tax not of help if you not professional with computer technology you won't know unless call it's umma call irs because turbo tax want you to double apply for taxes if already filed why would they assist you to file again want you to pay for info should be available no charge um not doing turbo never again flies taxes with them in2018 but don't think payment was received because of such confusion came with 2020taxes it went through but never recieved an 2020was filed but it's sent me ah notice to send more info in an didn't have such problem ago an suppose to have did same as did in2018 as texted above umma call irs

Paid with refund and it says thanks for your payment. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies